Friday, September 19, 2008

"You are the rainbow in my waterfall..."



I've been skating about on the net lately, seeing as its cold and rainy outside and there isn't much else to do with those annoyingly cold spare minutes... I'm not the biggest TV fan either which doesn't really help matters!
So I spend that time down loading hundreds of photographs... happy, sad, beautiful, interesting, ugly, crazy, inspiring amazing photographs!

This is one of my favourites at the moment... Its how I'm feeling most of the time... whenever I go outside and run to my car through the puddles of the never ending rain!
This picture makes me love the rain though, I think its all in the title "You are the rainbow in my waterfall". It makes light of this sullen dreary weather that is being inflicted upon us, and gives you that little dab of appreciation and whimsical momentum as the tiny beautiful rain drops cascade around us leaving precious water diamonds on everything... I love the rain today!

I have another one that makes me even happier though, its taken from the photographers viewing point... it makes you feel as though you yourself are peering out from under the brim of a great big beach brolly... All you can see is this pristine beach and perfect frolicking waves, and a few sandy footprints just in front of you... Its so real you could touch it, "sunshine and happiness" is what I have called it...

Just a few weeks away... **

Postscript: Ducks are no.1 in africa's big 5 ;)

No comments: