Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Summer........... or not?



I am so tired of teetering on the edge of summer... There is this constant: "Are we there yet?" dancing about on the tip of my tongue every time a cloud passes over and reveals the shimmering glory that is the sun!

I admit I love the whole winter vibe the season has had rainy DVD night's, dinners with friends, fire's, hot chocolate, forest walks... chunky sweaters and fabulous boots, wellies, layers and layers of gorgeous rich fabrics and textures... while still being small and shapely enough to allow you to be feminine... we are not talking duffel coats here OK! Although there have been some points when I could well have run for the cupboard to grab just about anything in the plight to be warm- OK bar that strange grey thing lurking about in the back!! ( Its not mine - I swear!)

But enough now! I don't want any of it! Can you imagine how suffocated our bodies are feeling? At least our heads remain high, un clad, still able to suckle in the sweetness of the fresh (admittedly very fresh) air!
But its September now for heavens sake... I think we should appeal to mother nature in an urgent cry for: LESS IS MORE!

I long for the sandy dishevelled, sun kissed look one sports all summer long ( well except for those guys in the IT dept: Dr Kern's tan can- hello??)
But alas it looks like the only thing she's sending our way are extreme weather conditions, tsunami's, Gail force winds, white squalls, floods and anything else that could potentially take us out without to much warning.. talk about bad PMS on her part! Now I know how guys feel!

"Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn!"

uh.. herm...(Later on we will hold hands and pray for this thing called "summer") ... um... no!?!?

No comments: