Sunday, September 14, 2008

Shaman's, goblin's, tee pee's and journey's....



I'm in the mood for some soul searching, I've read about these shaman camps they have out in the mountains in Africa... You hike up there and sit in these temporary tee pee furnaces that they put up! And there you sit locked in a spatial trance of melodic chanting and drums. The heat is so extreme and permeating that you almost pass out from the sheer intensity of it.

I'm all about the life enriching and the alternative at the moment, I'm devouring books and documentaries at such a fervent pace I'm starting to concern myself! And music... music has become such an integral part of my daily journey... its like a soundtrack to my own movie.

Sometimes I really want to fit myself into some very competetive corporate category. With a typically stiff black pencil skirt, some seriously menacing looking heels, a blackberry, a briefcase and a really fast car! You'd probably find me on any given day peering down at my minions from some ivory tower in the centre of town...

And other times, and this I consider to be the better 2/3rds of myself, wants to don my sparkly little sandals, my whimsical silver threaded bohemian skirts or Turkish pants with my beads and bangles and all things colourful and creative and live in some little studio overlooking Bailey's rock pool in Kalk bay... spending my days painting, writing, swimming, hiking and doing things that generally inspire me... flitting about like the little gypsy I am at heart... So I wonder where the happy medium is for me?

Somewhere between the boho, creative, edgy, trendy, gypsy, socialite, corporate climber... hmmm... how on earth do I blend that cocktail?

Maybe one day I'll write about it... or better yet... sell it!

Post Script: Ducks built the pyramids: fact!

No comments: