Thursday, June 25, 2009

One foot in, one foot out!?!



As humans or mammals we are innately programmed to look out for ourselves. To always feather our own nest before anyone else's. To make sure that we are OK.

I'm the eternal optimist, I believe in everything. I want to see the best there is in every situation. Even when I cant stand to be there anymore, I try to think back to a time when that was exactly what I wanted and was exactly where I wanted to be. I hold on to that. I couldn't go on any other way. How can we see the beauty in the new without the extrication of that which has made you indifferent or jaded in the past.

With hesitation, we venture into new and unfamiliar territory. Familiar in that once we were in this exact space, unfamiliar in that this is nothing like that space in fact. But we go on with child like curiosity none the less. The way it should be.

Whatever happened to throwing caution to the wind? Why is it that we always have one foot in and one foot out the door? As if we could hop on the back foot and high tail out of there! Except its worse that way cause you'll never really know what could have been if you had actually jumped in with both feet. Whole heartedly.

I say you just have to go with it. Listen to yourself. Play until you get hurt, or you're not having fun anymore or you cry more than you laugh. But play, let go, fling your head back and throw your feet towards the clouds and remember what it was like once... not to know and not to care either. That feeling is love and life and freedom.

No comments: